A new OC is revealed.
This is Talin and as you can see he's a sheikah OC. I want to eventually use this guy in Land-of-Hyrule
as my third playable OC. His design will be tweaked between now and then, I'm sure, but this is the starting point.
As for his placement in my fanfic: Talin is the descendant of Sheik and Zierah. He's around in the present time in Skyward Sword, but in TLB's lore, Talin doesn't come out of hiding right away. He and the other sheikah start venturing out into the world once the residents of Skyloft begin returning to the surface because it's their job then to help the people of the sky adjust to the Surface world again. Talin, however, isn't met because he went to help them. In fact he's got a little hobby that the other sheikah don't like and as such he ventures away often to do what he wants in secret.
He has considerably strong magical talent and Talin enjoys experimenting with it. His specialty is working with the dead because he practices using his magic on them. Why? Simple. He can't harm dusty old bones or things that no longer feel pain. Talin is able to summon stalfos and stal masters as well as create bubbles of varying effects. He's capable of controlling them too (similar to a puppeteer controlling puppets). The things he summons are friendly and will not attack unless her wills them to, but even so, this disturbing talent bothers the rest of the clan. The other sheikah see it as wasteful and disgraceful, thus why he sneaks off to practice his magic. He was found using his power to summon a few stalfos and bubbles and he freaked about it and attacked those who discovered him. After his summons were defeated he managed to realize his error and calm down.
Talin though is a very... strange guy. He likes to make things challenging and enjoys challenging himself. He strives to improve his abilities and just, well, have fun with things. He's serious when he needs to be, but Talin's rather laid back and carefree otherwise.
He's capable of the following:
- Left eye acts like the Lens of Truth so he can see through illusions much like Zierah. He was born with this ability unlike his ancestor who enchanted her eye.
- Control dead creatures as well as summon them.
- Stal he creates will pull back together if left untouched, showing he learned a way to make them reanimate on their own.
- Bubble varieties include: Fire, Ice, and Curse. He's been trying to add other effects to bubbles but has had limited success thus far.
- Talin can siphon magic out of a magic user and replenish his own. He can transfer it also between people. This takes a lot of effort and is difficult to maintain so he doesn't use it often.
Talin's talents I blame on Steam Powered Giraffe. I was listening to "Ghost Grinder" on repeat and that influenced the undead thing. e__e <3
Talin (C) Me
Base by BunnyStick